Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's Official!

I am D.O.N.E. with graduate school and have completed my Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree!

This past Wednesday was my last day of clinicals...a grand total of 600 hours completed!!!
These wonderful NPs even surprised me with a congratulations cake for my last day!

My grades have been finalized...
Total GPA: 3.987
(that one A- just threw off my whole GPA...just kidding)!

Next steps...
I have already requested my transcript. I can't apply for the NCC exam without my transcript or diploma. The NCC exam is the National Certification Corporation exam that I must pass to become a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. Once I complete the exam, I will leave the testing facility knowing if I passed it or not. Unfortunately, that is not good enough to start working. I have to wait until the official letter is mailed to me with my license number and then submit it to the TX States Board of Nursing. Can we say a long process...?!?!?!

I'm going to have to use this time to focus on studying for the NCC exam so that I am prepared when I am actually able to take it. Wish me luck!



2 comments:

Jill Ash said...

Yayyy! So happy for you! Yes the process for your license is sooo long. I take my test VERY soon! I will let you know how it is as soon as I know :) I have heard that waiting on the Texas BON is what the usual hold up is. Good Luck!

Tonya said...

Thanks Jill & good luck to you on yours!!!