Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Newest Project...





After seeing quiet books on Pinterest I decided to attempt this project for my girls. A quiet book is a felt or fabric activity book for children that teaches them how to work buttons, snaps, zippers, velcro, etc (you can click on the button at the top of this post to see other quiet books) . It is a great activity to keep kids busy and quiet while in the car, restaurants, waiting rooms & church. There are numerous scenes that can be made and tailored toward your child's personality. A lot of time and effort goes into making a quiet book so I don't know how long it will actually take me to complete but I have started ;)

Page 1: Paint Pallet-
the color splotches velcro on and off and the paint brush can be used for imaginary painting and then stored in the pocket
My girls LOVE art!

Printable template can be found here.

The pages will all be sewn onto felt or fleece sheets (I haven't decided yet) to add durability and bound with 3 rings like a book with a fabric cover. I just hope this is a project I can finish :)

1 comment:

Brenden said...

That's such a cute idea!