Sunday, February 27, 2011

WW: Week 7

Main Course
New Favorite Recipe: Baked Chicken Parmesan
This recipe would be AMAZING with some minced garlic on each chicken breast as part of the breading. I also sprinkled Italian season on top of the cheese while it baked that last 5 minutes. Hint: watch the cooking time though because mine were almost overcooked.
Portion: 1 breast fillet 
Served with: Pressure cooked green beans with sauteed onion and garlic and a side salad

Breakfast/Dessert
Personally, I love Bosc pears (they are the only kind I buy). So I got excited when I found this recipe:
 Glazed Pear Muffins
Yes...I used left over birthday cupcake liners :)
I was informed they aren't very sweet so I added 1tbsp of Splenda with Fiber to the batter for a bit of extra sweetness. They were very good freshly warm for desert and just as good reheated for breakfast. However, they do not peel away from the liner very well. I only had 11 lines and it makes 12 servings so I used a silicon cupcake pan and put the last on straight into the silicon cupcake hole with a spray of PAM cooking spray. That single cupcake came out nice and clean. Next time I do this, I will just skip the liners and make them straight in the pan. Also, I only baked them 20 minutes when my toothpick came out of the centers nice and clean. These are easy to over cook. You can also do these with apples. Note: these did ferment fairly quickly.

Week 7 Weight Loss: 1.5 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 15 pounds!

2 comments:

Brenden said...

Wow!! 15 lbs! Great job, Tonya!!

Kelly Grant said...

You are doing great!! I had to stop working out as much...I just have a body that requires the amount of body fat I have on me now to make the right amount of milk...as soon as a lost any more weight...milk went bye bye!!!