Tuesday, July 13, 2010

28 Weeks (aka 7 Months)!

I can't believe I am 7 months pregnant already!!! I still feel great, just getting harder to get out of bed these days. I have to "log roll" to get out of bed :) Emma has definitely made herself known the last few days! I can feel her foot consistently in the same place on my belly and she will kick me if I poke at it :) Cody & I are so excited to see her on Thursday for her 3D sono! It's been 10 weeks since we have seen Emma. Stay tuned on Thursday for her 3D photos...

I found out my biopsy results this past Friday and I have a benign thyroid tumor...couldn't be better news! There is no need for surgery at this point. My endocrinologist is raising my synthroid dose just slightly to help keep the tumor from growing any bigger. 

28 Weeks: Emma

28 Weeks: Reese

28 Weeks:
Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10 inches and the total length of your growing baby is around 15.75 inches. Your baby weighs about 2.4 pounds at this point. Your uterus is a little more than 3 inches above your bellybutton. Your weight gain at this time should be between 17 and 24 pounds (I've gained 24).

Your baby's brain continues to develop and is now forming the folds and grooves of a fully developed brain. The amount of tissues within the brain also continues to increase in large amounts. The hair that covers your baby's scalp is also getting longer. Your baby is now large enough for presentation to be determined and your doctor might be able to find out if your baby is at risk for being breech. If your baby is breech, don't panic. There is still time for the baby to rotate.

Reese:
This past Saturday, Reese got to visit with her Papa & Uncle Nathan since they were in San Antonio on a family trip. Reese recognized her Papa from her ABC photo book and would point to him from across the table :)

It was past her bedtime and she refused to smile for me....



1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

WOW!!! It was a FLASH BACK to see your brother in pics!