Tuesday, June 22, 2010

25 Weeks/Pics & Videos!

Another week has flown by! I feel great! I met with an endocrinologist yesterday, who will now be managing my thyroid. He felt on my thyroid and felt a nodule (which I knew I had) and also sent me for bloodwork to check my TSH levels. I was thrilled to find out I only gained 1# in the last 3 weeks, I have been worried about my weight since I have surpassed Reese's pregnancy weight gain (gained 27# with Reese and have already gained 21# with Emma so far). I am scheduled for my routine glucose tolerance test next week to make sure I am not a gestational diabetic.

Yesterday was also a big day for both Cody & I. Cody started his 1st official shift at work as a PHARMACIST! He was so excited and I am so incredibly proud of his accomplishments!! I also started graduate school! I am officially a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner student!! I am excited but very nervous. I start with Biostatistics for Healthcare and Advanced Physiology. These course last till Sept 2nd. I will register for my 2nd quarter of courses right before Emma's arrival...I hope I can handle all this!!

Emma @ 25 weeks:

Reese @ 25 weeks in same shirt:


25 Weeks (Emma is size of an eggplant):
Your baby's crown-to-rump length is about 8.8 inches. Weight has increased to around 1.5 pounds and fat is still being deposited at a high rate. Babies come in all shapes and sizes, so your baby could vary slightly from these `average` measurements. Your uterus has grown quite a bit bigger this week. The top of your uterus is between your bellybutton and your sternum. Your uterus is about the size of a soccer ball now! 

If your baby is delivered at this time, it would have a good chance of surviving. 

Your baby is able to do more with their fingers now and can move his fingers to make a complete fist. As your baby becomes more dexterous, he will be able to touch and hold his feet. Babies also begin to prefer their left hand or right hand at this time. Because babies settle into routines of sleep and activity, you might begin to notice these patterns as well. Some women experience the most fetal movements while they are trying to rest. 

Girly Updates:

Emma's bed is officially a crib again :)

We have a crib sheet!

Her 1st bow!



Reese's dress up corner :)



Reese is doing a lot of talking lately....



5 comments:

hollie marie said...

Are you doing the WHNP program online? I am really interested in the same program (so post lots of updates on what you think about it!). :)

Tonya said...

Yes Hollie, it is an online program thru Univ. of Cincinnati. It is a 2.25 year program.

Kelly Grant said...

She is soooo cute! Love it!!!

Kelly Grant said...

PS---For our next one, I am totally stealing your idea to compare the tummies of the two pregnancies!!! Too cute!

Tonya said...

Kelly you are silly!! It only makes me realize how much bigger I truly am...don't know if that is a good thing ;)